Tuesday 27 April 2010

I'mma just go ahead and put it right out there

I have my 17 poems. :) Attack of the fear and trembles, right kids? Because that means its publishing time. Soon. And a part of me wants every little secret to stay in their neat little corners. As neat as dirt can be. So here's my favourite poem I've ever written. Ever. And a jazzy photo :)

skyscrapersandlights.


Take me back to the bright lights and high hopes, take me back.
Where the skyscrapers soar higher than my dreams
and in sleep I smiled, contented. What a fool!
Take me back to the busy roads and strangers' faces,
where the accents sound better than my dreams,
and in passing I smiled, contented. What a fool!

Take me back, where I dreamed and breathed and smiled easily,
But now I know my hopes and dreams are just as cold as the concrete floor,
just as lonely as the skyscrapers, leaning towards each other but never touching.




Sweetheart, it's just New York, not a fucking massacre. Y fin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment